Ysgol Gymraeg Brynsierfel
History of the School
Ysgol Gymraeg Brynsierfel is a designated Welsh-medium school situated in a housing estate in Llwynhendy, Llanelli. The school was officially opened on Thursday October 15th 1953 - by the Right Honourable James Griffiths - with the pupils arriving on December 1st. At present, there are 183 pupils in the school, including part and full-time pupils in the Nursery. The pupils are arranged into classes according to age.
At Ysgol Gymraeg Brynsierfel we aim to:
- Ensure that every pupil is fluent in Welsh by the age of seven ;
- Teach pupils to appreciate Welsh traditions and history and give them a feeling of belonging to the Welsh culture;
- Provide a broad, balanced, wide ranging, relevant and differentiated curriculum;
- Monitor the progress of each pupil so that he/she may be stretched further when doing well and given more help when he/she is not;
- Emphasise the value of education and academic success;
- Promote a high standard of courtesy and respect towards others ;
- Ensure equality of opportunity to develop talents and abilities;
- Enjoy a close and purposeful relationship with the local community ;
- Nurture self-respect, confidence and self-reliance;
- Welcome parents ;
- Care for our pupils ;
- Be joyful, hardworking, lively and successful.